Instructions for Applying through CAP Visit the website www.cuonline.ac.in The admission through Centralised Admission process to First year Degree programmes will be conducted in TWO Continuous phases.
- Phase 1: Submission of Application
- Phase 2: Fee Payment
Phase 1: Submission of Application Keep ready the following: 1. Date of Birth: copy of S.S.L.C 2. Mobile Number: mobile number of student/parents/guardian only to be furnished. Vital information regarding the allotment and admissions are being communicated through SMS to the registered mobile number. Therefore, under any circumstances the mobile number of Akshaya centres, internet cafe or other agencies should not be submitted.
- 3. E-mail: Email Id of student/parents/guardian only be entered. Those who do not have an Email-Id may create one and enter. Vital information regarding the allotment and admissions will also be communicated through Email to the registered mail.
- 4. Fee : As per admission notification for each Course/Programme.
- 5. Copy of the Qualifying Examination Mark Sheet.
- 6. Scanned copy of Passport size photograph in ‘.jpg’ format .
- 7. g) Prepare the list of colleges/courses according to the applicants priority. The fee structure for the self- financing programmes will be different from the fee structure of Government/ Aided programme.
- List of colleges and programmes/courses are available in the website.(www.cuonline.ac.in).
The fee structure for each year will be published along with the prospectus for UG admission IMPORTANT! „Please note that you cannot Edit/Modify your application once you click SUBMIT Button. Ensure that all aspects of the application are correct before submitting it. CLICK PRINT PREVIEW Button to view the details entered. No modification can be made thereafter.‟ The application submission is done in Four Part. Part1:CAP ID Generation Visit www.cuonline.ac.in/ug and Click Apply Now button Complete the personal information in the empty columns by strictly following the instructions in the window. * (Mobile number and e-mail id of student/parent/guardian only to be furnished) The details entered can be edited. To get CAP ID & Security Key, CLICK “REGISTER” BUTTON. After clicking “REGISTER” button mentioned above the CAP ID and password will be received in the registered mobile number/email id through SMS/ mail.
Part 2: Student Profile
1. Enter the details in the blank fields . 2. Enter number of chances taken to pass the qualifying examinations. 10 marks will be reduced for each additional chances taken to pass the qualifying examination subject to a maximum of 25 marks.The number of chances means the number of chances taken for passing any part or parts of the qualifying examination. Betterment/Improvement and SAY examination will not be considered as a chance. 3. The candidates who have qualified the HSE and VHSE of the Government of Kerala under „ SAY‟ scheme and Compartmental Examination of CBSE are also eligible for admission to first year degree programmes/courses in the same academic year. 4. Specify the Board/University of the qualifying examinations. 5. Enter the stream of study of the Qualifying examinations, if necessary (Science, Humanities, and Commerce). 6. Utmost care should be taken while entering reservation details. Opt only the eligible reservations otherwise admission will be denied. 7. A community certificate along with the Income & Assests Cerlificate ( Ref: GO.(Ms) No.128/2020/HEDN Dated 20.03.2020) issued from Village Officers/ Thahasildar be produced by the candidates who wish to avail of reservation under EWS category at the time of admission. Documents like ration card will not be accepted for availing reservation to this category. 8. Weightage: Enter the eligible bonus/ weightage if any. Valid certificate must be produced at the time of admission. 9. Upload & Resize your photograph in jpeg format. 10. The details entered can be edited before final submission. To move to the next part CLICK “SAVE & PROCEED” button. Part 3: Qualification Details If the marks are displayed automatically verify; otherwise enter the marks. Utmost care should be taken while entering the marks. The details entered can be edited before final submission. To move to the next part. CLICK “SAVE & PROCEED” BUTTON Part 4: College Course Selection Important!!! :Utmost care should be taken while fixing the priority of the option.
Priority and index marks are the base of the allotment Furnish the details of colleges and programmes/courses according to the priority. The candidates who wish to apply for the community quota in Aided colleges can opt the colleges and programmes/courses according to the priority. Candidates can view the options submitted and if necessary can edit the options. The candidates can take a verification print out to verify and ensure that the details submitted are correct. By clicking the button Take Draft Print, the candidates can take a verification print out to verify and ensure that the details submitted are correct. If the details entered are correct click “Final Submit & Pay” Phase 2: Fee Payment. After clicking the Proceed & Pay button, confirm the payment details in the following window.
Online registration fee as per the notification concerned. Select mode of payment. a). State Bank online payment.(For those who have State Bank online banking facility). b) Payment Gateway. c). Akshaya Centres & Friends Janasevana Kendram Remit the fee in any of the mode of payment mentioned above. During the payment, the website will be redirected to the University of Calicut Instant Web Payment System (CUIWPS) page where the student can select the desired choice of payment. After successful payment, the applicant can log in again with the CAP ID and Password provided earlier and take final print out of the application . (In case, the payment fails, the candidate will have to relogin and do the payment procedure once again to complete the payment and obtain the print out of the application). Print out of the application will be provided only if the payment is successful. Those who have paid the fee by other means, must login with their CAP ID and Security Key and take printout of their completed application (College copy and Student Copy) before the closing date for submission. The student copy shall be retained and the college copy shall be submitted to the college where he/she takes permanent admission. The printout of the completed application must be taken on or before the last date published in notification “Fee once remitted will not be refunded” Special Attention The candidates can logout at any stage of registration and continue registration later on. The back button of the browser should not be used under any circumstances during the registration. For security reasons, the University stores not only ID Numbers and personal data, but also the IP address of the Computer/instrument from which a candidate logs in, so that miscreants will be identified. All the corrections including change in marks after the closing date of online registration, on account of revaluation, improvement and addition of grace marks etc, will be considered only after the third allotment. To effect such change in marks, scan and mail the new mark sheet to the University through Nodal Centers or directly. E-mail IDcac@uoc.ac.in In case the registrants lose their password,CAP ID/Security Key No the same can be retrieved by the following any one of the steps. o Use ‘FORGOT CAPID/Security Key’ link from the registration page. o And fill the columns as required (HSE/+2 register number and Registered mobile number) o The details requested will be received in the email ID registered The whole process of allotment to the UG programmes will be done by the Calicut University. University will not entertain any request for change of any date fixed in the Centralised Allotment Process/Admission from time to time. Editing The candidates can edit the data entered including photo till the FINAL SUBMISSION is done. Hence, the candidates should take a verification printout and personally verify and ensure that the details entered are correct before final submission After FINAL SUBMISSION the data can be edited by using the Help Center Button or by the Nodal Centres functioning in the affiliated colleges or on or before the last date for registration. The list of Nodal Centres are published in the website. The candidates intending to edit the details after final submission can identify the nearest Nodal Centre from the list and approach such centre for assistance. How to get help from nodal centers? Click Nodal Officers in UG registration page (cuonline.ac.in/ug) Select the nearest nodal center from the list shown Contact the nodal officers through mobile/ email You can modify your application as directed by the Nodal Officer to whom you are contacting . If your application is un-finalised, you must login and resubmit the application on or before the last date for registration. All corrections must be completed on or before the last date for registration. The University will allow the facility to unfinalise the completed application in this manner only once. 2.How to use Help Center button.? Click Help Center button in UG registration page (cuonline.ac.in/ug) Complete the personal information in the empty columns by strictly following the instructions in the window. (Select Query type as UN-LOCK APPLICATION in the case of final submitted application) You can check your application status using Track & Check the Status menu. You can follow the instructions shown in the menu above to modify your application. If your application is unfinalised, you must login and resubmit the application on or before the last date for registration. All corrections must be completed on or before the last date for registration. The University will allow the facility to unfinalise the completed application in this manner only once. 8. Cancellation of higher options. Cancellation of all the higher options if necessary, after receiving allotments can only be done through Nodal Centres. Partial cancellation of the higher options can be done by the candidates themselves or can use the services of the Akshaya Centres and other firms providing internet facility.
The candidates can login into CAP with their login credentials after each allotment for partial cancellation. 9. Rearrangement of college and course After the trial allotment the candidates can rearrange priority of their options already submitted during the registration by “drag and drop” facility. No new course or college can be added at any stage of the allotment process. 10. Allotment There will be THREE allotments for all category of students and Two special allotments for General and SC/ST/EWS On receipt of the allotment to an option, all the options below the received allotment will be permanently lost. The options thus lost will not be reinstated at any cost. No change or addition of new options will be allowed during any stage of the admission. 11.Trial Allotment After the closing date for online registration a trial allotment will be published on the scheduled date. After the trial allotment the candidates can rearrange the priority of their options. 12. Mandatory Fee. The candidates receiving allotment should remit the Mandatory Fee prescribed in the admission notification. The mandatory fee need to be remitted only once. The candidates failing to remit mandatory fee will lose his/her current allotment and they will be expelled from further allotments. The candidates, thus expelled will not be reinstated in the allotment process at any stage of the allotment. The candidates admitted other than through allotment should also compulsorily remit mandatory fee. Mandatory fee comprises of 1. Sports Affiliation Fee (Rs.280/-), 2.University Union fee (Rs. 85/-), 3. Matriculation fee (Rs.115/-). Mandatory Fee. For General category candidates : Rs 480/- For SC/ST/:Rs 115/- (The SC/ST/ OEC-SC/OEC-ST/COMMUNITIES ELIGIBLE FOR EDUCATIONAL CONCESSIONS AS IS GIVEN TO OEC candidates taking admission to the self financing programmes should remit Sports Affiliation Fee (Rs.280/-) and University Union fee (Rs. 85/-) at the college while taking admission.) See Prospectus for more details and visit www.cuonline.ac.in/ug for recent updates Source: Calicut University