1st WHO Infodemiology Conference
By CNM Health Desk
When overloaded information is dumped everywhere,it makes it hard for people to find trustworthy sources and reliable guidance when they need it. Misinformation in the time of coronavirus spreads so quickly. In such a circumstance,the World Health Organization (WHO) tries to take stock of the situation. A conference is being planned between 30 June and 16 July.
Infodemic is an overabundance of information – some accurate and some not – occurring during an epidemic.
- Understand the multidisciplinary nature of infodemic management;
- Identify current examples and tools to understand, measure and control infodemics;
- Build a public health research agenda to direct focus and investment in this emerging scientific field; and
- Establish a community of practice and research.
- Experts from the fields of Epidemiology & Public Health; Applied Math & Data Science; Digital Health and Technology Applications; Social & Behavioral Science; Media Studies & Journalism; Marketing, UX & Design; Risk Communication and Community Engagement; Ethics & Governance and other relevant scientific disciplines and practices
- UN agencies
- Public health authorities