Covid 19: Seven more positive cases in the district.
10 people recovered.
Kozhikode district medical officer Dr Jayashree V has confirmed seven more positive cases in the district.
The positive cases are:
1. Nadapuram native, 53 years of age, came from Dubai on June 19.
He was taken to the Corona Care Center for observation. On June 21, he was tested positive and was shifted to FLTC for treatment.
2. 44-year-old resident of Chekyad, arrived from Kuwait in Kochi on June 23rd. Following the symptoms, he was rushed to Kozhikode Medical College in a government-equipped vehicle. He was tested positive and is being treated there.
3. The 52-year-old resident of Chekyyad arrived from Kuwait on June 23. Following the symptoms, in a government-equipped vehicle, he was rushed to Kozhikode Medical College Hospital. He was tested positive and is being treated there.
4. 67-year-old native of Valayam arrived at Cochin on June 15 from Qatar and was brought to Kozhikode in a government vehicle. He went home in a taxi and was under quarantine. Following the symptoms, on June 23, he was rushed to Kozhikode Medical College in a government-equipped vehicle. He was tested positive, and is being treated there.
5, 6. A Mother and daughter (26, 4) residents from Koorachund arrived in Kannur on June 18th. They went home in a taxi and were under home quarantine. On June 24, in a government-equipped vehicle, they were brought to Kozhikode Medical College Hospital. Both have been tested positive and are being treated there.
7. A 33-year-old resident of Kodancherry arrived in Cheyenne on June 4 from Italy. He was under observation at the Corona Care Center in Chennai from June 4 to 15. On June 15, via plane, he reached Kochi at 7 pm. He then took a taxi to his house in Kodanchery and was under home quarantine. Following the symptoms on June 24, in a government vehicle he was transferred to the FLTC. He was tested positive for and is being treated there.
All seven people are having a stable health condition.
Those who recovered:
Olavanna natives(46, 6), Eramalai native(28), Atholi native (36), Peruvayal native(51), Kavilpara native(55), Koduvalli native (16) , Unnikulam native(29), Kadalundi native(29) and Omassery native(56). All were being treated at the FLTC.
There are 16,806 people under observation in the district today, including 1,016 newcomers. The district has so far completed 44,912 observations. Today, 198 people, including 53 newcomers, are under observation in the hospitals. Of these, 141 are in Medical College and 57 are in Lakshadweep Guest House, Covid First Line Treatment Center. 42 were discharged.
Today 234 samples were sent for examination. Out of a total of 11,799 samples sent, 11,506 were tested. Of these, 11,251 are negative. 293 are yet to be received.
At present 78 patients from Kozhikode are being treated with Covid positive. Of these, 31 are being treated in Kozhikode Medical College, 43 in First Line Treatment Center, Lakshadweep Guest House, two in Kannur and one in Manjeri Medical College. In addition, a resident of Palakkad, a Wayanad resident, and a Tamil Nadu resident are being treated at the Kozhikode Medical College Hospital.