Kozhikode District Medical Officer Dr. Jayashree V stated that eight more people have been confirmed COVID positive in Kozhikode district. Seven of the positive people today are from abroad (Bahrain-3, Kuwait-3, Qatar-1) and one is from Maharashtra.
The positive cases:
1. 64-year-old resident of Azhiyur – came from Bahrain to Calicut on June 24. Following the symptoms, he was rushed to Kozhikode Medical College Hospital in the government vehicle. He is undergoing treatment after being tested positive.
2. 55-year-old native of Ayancheri – came from Bahrain on June 24. Following the symptoms he was taken to Kozhikode Medical College Hospital in government vehicle. He is undergoing treatment after being tested positive.
3. 41-year-old resident of Kakkoor – reached Kochi by air on June 17 from Bahrain. He arrived at Kozhikode in a government vehicle on June 18. He went home in a taxi and was under home quarantine. On June 25, due ti symptoms he was transferred to FLTC. He was tested positive and is being treated there.
4. The 48-year-old resident of Thiruvangoor – arrived from Kuwait on June 20. He went home in a taxi and was under home quarantine. On June 25, following symptoms, he was taken to Koyilandy taluk hospital and gave sample for testing. The secretion test was positive and then he was transferred to FLTC.
5. A 47-year-old resident of Chorode – came in a Traveler on June 18 from Maharashtra. He was under house quarantine. On June 25, following symptoms, he arrived at the Vadakara district hospital and gave sample for testing. The test was positive and then he was transferred to FLTC for treatment.
6. A native of Chorod (31) – arrived from Kuwait to Cochin on June 12th. In a government-equipped vehicle, he arrived at Kozhikode and was under quarantine at home. On June 25, following the symptoms, he gave his samples for testing at Vadakara district hospital. The test result was positive and he transferred to FLTC for treatment.
7. The 52-year-old resident of Panangad – arrived on June 24 from Qatar. He went home in a taxi and was quarantined at home. On June 25, he was admitted at the medical college following symptoms. He is undergoing treatment after being tested positive.
8. Changaroth native (45) came from Kuwait on June 20 to Kochi and, in a government-owned vehicle ,was brought to Kozhikode. He was under quarantine at home. On June 24, he arrived at the PHC in a government-equipped vehicle and gave sample for testing. After being confirmed positive, he was shifted to FLTC for treatment.
Eight of the patients have a stable medical condition.
Today, 343 samples have been sent for testing. Out of a total of 12,142 samples sent, 11,721 test results have been obtained. Of these, 11,456 are negative. The results of 421 are yet to be received.
At present 86 people from Kozhikode are being treated with Covid positive. Of these, 34 are undergoing treatment at Kozhikode Medical College, 48 in First Line Treatment Center, Kozhikode Lakshadweep Guest House, two in Kannur, one in Manjeri Medical College and one in Kalamassara. In addition, a resident of Palakkad, a Wayanad resident, and a Tamilnadu resident are being treated at the Kozhikode Medical College.