A major fire broke out at Lulu Gold in the city,near police club on Sunday afternoon.No injuries have been reported.It took around six hours to control the fire. Workers were evacuated to safer places immediately.
Fire units from Meenchantha, Elathur, Beach, Vellimadukunnu, Vatakara, Nadapuram, Narikkuni, Malappuram, Nilambur rushed to the spot.
Meanwhile,no jewelry and other precious items have been damaged in the incident because the fire broke out in the gold workshop at the second floor in three storeyed show room at Pavmani road,
The fire was unusually difficult to access and control,said fire force officials.Spark from gold work station is said to be the reason of the fire,as per initial reports.Heavy smoke inside the floor made fire-fighting operation very tough,said fire officers who took part in the task.
Gas cylinders were kept on the top floor.
Arun Bhasker, Assistant Division Officer, Station Officer Panoth Ajith Kumar and 22 other from Meenchantha took part in the fire fighting along with forty others from different stations.
According to fire force authorities there was no proper ventilation in the workshop.As per the fire safety rule,a proper ventilation is required for getting permission.The police will investigate whether the jeweler owners violated the safety norms after getting clearance certificate.