- CNM Business Reporter
To focus on start-ups in ed-tech, skill development sectors creating social impact
Partners with nine premier incubators to screen, mentor & monitor start-ups
India, 2021: HDFC Bank is inviting applications from start-ups and solo entrepreneurs for its
SmartUp grants. SmartUp grants by HDFC Bank under #Parivartan – the bank’s umbrella CSR
brand – is aimed at finding and deploying long-term, sustainable solutions at scale, to address
social issues and contribute to the economic and social development of the country.
This year, the bank will focus on start-ups creating social impact at scale in sectors such as
Education – technology (ed-tech) and skill development, among others.
To screen, mentor, and monitor start-ups, HDFC Bank has partnered with nine start-up incubators
registered with Govt of India’s MeitY platfrom. The nine incubators are from premier institutes and
include: IIT – Delhi, IIT – BHU, AIC BIMTECH Noida, IIM Kashipur, GUSEC Gujarat, C-CAMP
Bangalore, Banasthali University – Jaipur, Villgro Incubation – Chennai, and T – HUB Hyderabad.
How to apply and process:
1. Start-ups making social impact can send in their applications by clicking here. The
application window opens today and closes on Feb 16, 2021.
2. Further, the bank’s incubator partners and the SmartUp team will jointly scout for start-ups.
3. Bank and incubators will jointly reach out and engage with start-ups through the SmartUp
portal hosted on Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY's) platform
4. Incubator partners will screen and shortlist applications and the SmartUp team will select
5. Finalists will pitch their start-ups to a jury comprising senior Management of the Bank.
1. Market reach, penetration and scalability of product
2. Degree of social impact in beneficiaries’ lives
3. Economic viability of product at scale