- CNM Career Reporter
Recruitment of Support Engineer (IT) on contract
Notification No. C-01/2021-IIMK.HR dated 18/01/2021.
Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode invites online applications from eligible candidates for one position of Support Engineer (IT) on contract at IIMK-Kochi Campus Office, Athulya Building, Infopark, Kakkanad, Ernakulam.
M.Tech (Computer Engineering & Network Technology/Computer Science and Engineering / Computer Network Engineering/equivalent)/M.Sc (Computer Science/ equivalent)/MCA
B.E./ B.Tech ( Computer Science and Engineering /Information Technology/equivalent)/BCA/ B.Sc (Computer Science / Information Technology/equivalent)
Diploma (Three-Year Course) in Computer Application & Business Management/ Computer Hardware Engineering/ Computer Engineering/Information Technology/ equivalent
Experience needs to be relevant to the position and it is prescribed one year in respect of Post graduates, two years in respect of Graduates, and three years in respect of Diploma Holders)
Monthly Remuneration Rs.22,300/- (including Rs.2,000/- for accommodation expenses and
Rs.300/- for mobile expenses)- all inclusive.
Maximum Age Limit 35 years .
1. Troubleshooting of Computers- both hardware and software and user-level troubleshooting of network problems.
2. Managing/ administering LAN/ WAN/ VPN network security
3. Linux/ Windows server administration
4. Web Programming and Multimedia editing
5. Proficiency in MS Office, especially MS Excel
6. Broad knowledge of:
a) Virtual environments like Zoom/WebEx,
b) Learning management software, viz Moodle,
c) Analytical tools like SPSS Statistics, Stata and R
d) Managing ‘Digital Social Media Services’ (DSMS) platforms
7. Support to Admission and Academic Activities for MBA
Date & time of
To be decided; Interview, if online, will be held through Zoom platform.
Venue IIMK- Kochi Campus, Athulya Building, Infopark, Kakkanad- Kochi-
General information and conditions:
1. Applications may be submitted online at the careers page of the Institute website
https://iimk.ac.in/ latest by 3:00 p.m of 04-02-2021
2. Candidates must ensure before applying that they are eligible according to the criteria stipulated in the notification. If the candidate is found ineligible at any stage of recruitment process, he/she will be disqualified and their candidature will be cancelled.
3. Age limit will be as on 01.01.2021.
4. Candidates are requested to upload their certificates, photographs, Final mark lists (SSLC onwards), community certificates in case of SC/ST/OBC/EWS, Experience certificate, if any and signature as per format prescribed in the online portal.
5. Mere eligibility will not entitle any candidate to be called for Test/interview. In case a large number of applications are received, screening will be done to limit the number of candidates. Only shortlisted candidates will then be considered for Test/online-interview.
6. Technical Test if required will be held at IIMK Kochi Campus Office only. Candidates are
advised to visit IIMK website/check emails for updates. Separate communications
through letters / emails will not be there.
7. Interview will be held via Zoom platform. Link will be sent through email to shortlisted
candidates with details regarding time slots etc.
8. Candidates who fail to appear via Zoom platform, on the date/time of Interview, for any
technical reason/connectivity issues/bandwidth etc. will be treated as absent and no
separate communication or request to re-appear later will be considered.
9. The engagement to the above post will be purely on contractual basis and will have no
right/claim for continuation or regular appointment.
10. Application without necessary documents, or incomplete in any other aspect will be
11. Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification. No interim correspondence shall be
12. The Institute reserves the right to revise/reschedule/cancel/suspend the recruitment
process without assigning any reason. The decision of the Institute shall be final and no
appeal in this regard shall be entertained.
13. IIMK- Kochi Campus generally functions six days in a week with one day Weekly- Off.
14. Present Office hours are from 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM, subject to commencement of
15. Decision of the Director, IIMK regarding the selection will be final.
Last date for online application is 3:00 p.m. of 04-02-2021
Recruitment of Support Engineer (IT)
Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode invites applications from eligible candidates for the
contract position of Support Engineer (IT)
Position SUPPORT ENGINEER (IT)
Maximum Age Limit 28 years (as on the date of notification)
Consolidated Monthly Remuneration
Rs 20, 300/- (including Rs 300/- towards telephone allowance)
Qualification & Experience
Three years Full Time Diploma in Computer Science/Computer Engineering/IT/Computer Hardware Maintenance with at least 55% marks and two years relevant post qualification experience.
BCA/B.Sc (Computer Science /IT) with at least 55% marks and two years relevant post qualification experience.
B. Tech/BE(CS/CE/IT)/MCA/M.Sc (Computer Science / IT) with at least 55% marks and one year relevant post qualification experience.
Design and development of web applications using PHP and Asp.net
Good knowledge in handling MySQL and MS-SQL databases.
Knowledge about mobile application development
Any other task as assigned by the reporting officer/ other higher officials at
the computer center.
Shift duties include night shifts.
Date & time of
Interview Will be notified later
General Information and Conditions:
General information and conditions:
1. Interested and eligible candidates may submit applications online at https://iimk.ac.in/
latest by 5:00 pm of 02-02-2021.
2. Candidates are requested to upload their photograph, certificates and signature, as per
the format prescribed in the online portal.
3. Candidates, who have submitted their applications, are advised to visit our website/
check their emails regularly, for getting update regarding change of interview schedule,
4. The engagement to the above position will purely be on contract basis for an initial period of six months. Further extensions will be subject to job requirements and performance.
5. Eligible applications would be screened and only shortlisted candidates will be interviewed; through video conference. Time slots will be communicated by e-mail.
6. If selected, engagement will be subject to verification of all certificates and experience at
the time of joining.
7. Candidates who have already applied against our earlier notification need not apply
8. Canvassing in any form and/or bringing in any influence, political or otherwise will
automatically disqualify the candidate for the position.
9. Decision of the Director, IIMK regarding the selection shall be final.
10. Interested and eligible candidates are required to apply ONLINE through our website
Last date for online application is 5:00 p.m. of 02-02-2021.