- CNM Health Reporter
After five months,Covid-19 cases in Kozhikode recorded huge surge.The number of fresh corona infected persons is 1271,as per today’s official announcement by the District Medical Officer.
1246 persons have been infected through contact.
Seven persons came from other states have been infected to the virus while the source of eighteen people is unknown.
The similar spike in positive cases reported on October 28,2020.On that day total number of Covid-19 positive cases was 1145.
Kozhikode District Collector Samba Siva Rao has issued a circular in view of fresh spike in corona pandemic.
As per the circular , new hot spots and containment zones have been identified. The District Collector directed local bodies which are declared as hot spots, to arrange First Line Treatment Centers (FLTC) with 100 bed capacity.
Newly declared hot spots are:
- Entry has been banned in open tourist spots such as beaches and dams after 5 pm.
- Maximum number of persons at a time in such places is 200.
- No meetings are allowed in containment zones.
- Chorode Grama Panchayath (Ward 2), Kattippara Grama Panchayath (Ward 12), Koyilandy Municipality (Ward 24),Meppayur (Ward 12),Olavanna ( Ward 2) Thiruvallur (Ward 12) are declared as total containment zones in Kozhikode district.
- Police patrolling team will be formed by a police officer not under the rank of Assistant Sub Inspector in every police station.A strict vigil would be kept on adherence to Covid-19 protocol by this team.