District Medical Officer Dr.V.Jayashree has issued precautions against possible NIPAH outbreak in Kozhikode district.Special treatment will be given to people with serious lung diseases and Meningitis. People are advised to follow health tips,provided by the department.
Cough corners would be set up in all hospitals and people will get training in the use of masks.
Fever and chest diseases will be screened
Health tips issued by medical team:
- Close mouth with towel or hands while coughing
- Wash hands well with soap or hand-wash before taking foods.
- Don’t use abandoned or broken fruits used by birds or animals.
- Fruits and vegetables should be washed properly before use.
- Don’t disturb bats by cracking fires,or making loud noise.
- People,caring birds and animals should use personal protective measures like masks,gloves etc.