Kerala State Disaster Management Authority has issued alert warning in Kerala.In isolated places, there will be heavy rain,flash floods,landslides and wind.Yellow alert is issued in Malappuram.
The alert is issued for April 18 and 19 and is applicable to Kozhikode,Palakkad,Thrichur and Wayanad.
Parents are advised not to allow their kids playing in open spaces between 2 pm and 8 pm since there is possibility of powerful lightning in these days.
The speed of wind during this period may be between 50 and 60 kilometres. Sometimes,the speed may go up to 70 kilo meter per hour.
There may be flash-floods and landslides.
Travellers are advised not to travel between 7 pm and 7 am in high range areas. Water may go up unexpectedly in rivers and water bodies.
Tips to avoid lightning damage :
- Move to a safe building in case of powerful lighting
- Disconnect electrical equipment.
- Close doors and windows
- Avoid staying near or touching of metal instruments
- Don’t use phone.
- Avoid taking bath during the lightning time.
- Don’t stay under trees,if you are outdoor.
- Don’t enter into ponds and rivers
- Avoid staying upstairs and terrace during the lightning
- Don’t keep your pets in open space.
- Lightning-stricken people should get emergency treatment