Lock down on Sundays has been withdrawn in Kozhikode district,said Kozhikode District Collector Samba Siva Rao.
The Sunday lock down was imposed to avoid corona contact due to the formation of Covid-19 clusters in different parts of the district.
The lock down is being withdrawn as there is a decline in the formation of new clusters in the district.
The spread of the disease in Kozhikode district including in the clusters is relatively under control. The lock down exemption is temporary.
In the event of any future outbreaks or formation of new clusters, these exemptions will be cancelled and the lock down resumed on Sunday.
The following conditions must be strictly adhered to.
- All gatherings are prohibited.
- The number of people attending the funeral is limited to 20 .
- Only 20 people are allowed to pray together.
- Visitors are not allowed in beaches and public places like tourist destinations.
- Commercial establishments will be allowed to operate until 5 p.m. However, commercial establishments must ensure that the shops are not overcrowded and adheres strictly to the Break the Chain protocol.
The number of people allowed in the shops will be one person per square meter.
A distance of six feet should be ensured between each person.
These exemptions apply only to areas other than the Containment Zones.
Police Squads, Village Squads and Rapid Response Teams should ensure that this order is strictly adhered to.
Violations of this order will be taken very seriously and strict legal action will be taken under Section 51 of the Kerala Infectious Diseases Ordinance, 2020 and the Disaster Management Act.